Scope of the Prize
The European Society for Clinical Investigation (ESCI) will fund outreach activities oriented to science communication or participative research initiatives in a European country with the aim to approach the society to basic/clinical research generating a higher impact on citizens’ daily lives and healthcare.
Potential activities that will be eligible to funding include:
- Activities for children: teaching/educational programs at schools, workshops for children, etc.
- Videos / webinars / other types of visual media that boosts public awareness of the positive role of research in society
- Science activities with public participation/participative research
- Hands-on experiments conducted by researchers that involve the general public
- Physicians and investigators working on science communication or basic, translational or clinical science residing in Europe.|
Applicants should submit online
Please upload all documents as pdf (preferred) or Word file.
Time frame application
The call will open December 1 2023 and the winner will be communicated during the ASM (June). The project should be implemented during the 12 months after the award. A final report on the activity should be sent to ESCI. Deadline of submission: March 1, 2024.
A committee composed by four ESCI Council Members (basic and clinical research) will evaluate the applications.
Two grants per year will be funded with € 1.000.