ESCI takes the privacy of its customers very seriously. Please read the following policy to understand how we will treat your personal information when you use our site. If this policy changes then we will let you know via our homepage, and will give you the opportunity to opt out of any changes which affect you.
What information do we collect?
When you use services on the site, we will require information about you to fulfil your request. This information may include, but is not limited to, details such as your name and your address. When you view our site by linking from another web page we may store the name of that web page for purposes of internal administration.
We also collect general data about the movement of visitors through our site, but this does not use any personal identifiable information. It is used to improve web site structure and content.
What are cookies and how do we use them?
Cookies are small amounts of information that are sent from a web server to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive and contain information as to the internet sites you have visited.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you can usually change your browser to prevent this, although you may not be able to access some parts of our site without them.
How do we use your information?
- We will use the information you give us within ESCI to notify you occasionally about important changes to our site and new services, and about publications that may be of interest to you.
- We do not sell, trade or rent the information we get from you on this site to others.
- We do share statistical information with other organisations as part of our marketing. These statistics will not include any personal identifying information. We collect this by monitoring traffic on the site and using anonymous data. We can then construct a specific interest group which assists us in improving and marketing our site.
- We may disclose information in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is:
- reasonably necessary to comply with the law
- enforce or apply our terms of business
- protect our rights and those of our users