Board Dr. R.P.F. Dullaart, Chairman – Prof. Dr. D. Roos, Secretary-Treasurer – Prof. Dr. L. Badimon, Member
1. Board meeting on 30th of May 2018, in Barcelona, Spain.
2. Financial support of ESCI activities:
- The prestigious ESCI prizes “ESCI Award for the Best Clinical Research Article published in the European Journal of Clinical Investigation”, de “ESCI Award for the Best Basic Research Article published in the European Journal of Clinical Investigation” and the two “Young Investigator Awards for excellence in Basic/Translational Research” which are given yearly to excellent investigators after nomination by the Board of the European Society of Clinical Investigation (ESCI).
- Travel grants to excellent young investigators for giving them the opportunity to present their research results at the ESCI Scientific Meeting to be held in May 2018 in Barcelona, Spain. This will increase the scientific quality of the ESCI meetings, will promote the presentation of research results and the communication about these results, and will enable investigators with less financial resources to attend the ESCI meetings.
- ESCI poster prizes. This underscores the merits of the research results presented at the ESCI meetings, by stimulating investigators to present high quality work.
- The yearly ESCI Scientific Meeting, this year to be held from 29 May- 1 June 2018, Barcelona, Spain. This enables active participation of internationally renowned researchers to this meeting. Financial support from the ESCI Trust Foundation will be spent on – among other activities – organizing Workshops dealing with various aspects of clinical care and fundamental biology.
- The Scientific Society ESCI for organizing the yearly Scientific Meeting. This involves payments for the central office (rent, salaries, office equipment, telephone, accountant) and the board of ESCI (travel, meetings, hotel, daily expenses).
3. Financial management to achieve optimization of strategic reserves for improvement of the quality of future ESCI meetings, for stimulation of scientific communication within Europe and for supporting translational research .
4. Long-range policy: Appropriate financial management to be able to keep up these activities in future.
The above-mentioned activities concerning the management and donations of financial means, as well as consultation with relevant institutions and individuals, will be continued in future. Depending on the financial means, renewing activities will be promoted within the framework of the objectives of the ESCI Trust Foundation as laid down in its statutes.
Utrecht, January 2018
Board of ESCI Trust Foundation